Here is the SVTR club news for November 2010:
1) VASA is still taking orders for apparel. There is a complete line of shirts, sweatshirts and a ball cap as well as a new line of VASA “Girls Only” apparel. Orders are due in by November 30th at the latest. If you are interested, you can download the flyer and order form from here.
2) We voted to hold the SVTR annual meeting (This year only) at our December,16 meeting/Christmas party. We figured this made sense as this is usually one of the best attended meetings. We will hold elections for the offices of Treasurer and President at this meeting with those positions taking office in January 2011. Please joins us and bring a dish to share and an item to donate to the Christmas raffle.
3) We voted to once again make donations to the Brattleboro Reformer Christmas Stocking, The Townshend Food Shelf and SEVCA in the amount of $300 each.
4) We voted to not hold a meeting in January or February 2011 as there is usually very little to discuss at these meetings. Instead, we ask that as many members as possible attend the VASA annual meeting on Jan 8, 2011 at the Canadian Club in Barre VT. We will try to car pool as much as possible. Contact Lloyd to let him know if you can attend and if you would like to ride or if you can drive. Regular SVTR club meetings will resume in March 2011.
5) SVTR is once again holding a raffle for a full SVTR+VASA membership for 2011. Tickets are $5 each. Drawing will be at our first 2011 work party (April 2011). If the winner has already purchased their memberships, the club will reimburse the cost. Contact Lloyd or Deb Church to purchase your ticket(s).
7) Now that we are coming into the off season, it’s once again time for me to plug the SVTR Forums. So far we have 20 or so members that have signed up to use the forums tho not very many have actually posted anything yet. The forums are a great place to keep in touch with the rest of the club during the winter months. The forums are free to join and easy to use. Check out the forums at: http://svtr.net/fourm
Well thats it for this, the November 2010 edition of the SVTR Newsletter. We hope to see you at the December 4 work party and/or the December 16 Meeting/Party and if not, Have a wonderful holiday season and we’ll see you on the trails next year.